Pain Therapy with Laser: Acupuncture Works without Needles.
People who afraid of needles prefer laser acupuncture to the traditional acupuncture with stainless steel needles.
For such patients or for children, the painless laser acupuncture represents a real alternative. "With laser acupuncture, we achieve a similar impact as we do with traditional acupuncture," says Professor Frank Bahr of the European Academy for Traditional Chinese Medicine (EATCM) in Munich.
- Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) stimulates acupuncture points so that needle penetration is unnecessary.
- Acupuncture becomes a painless process, which is more acceptable to many people.
- Laser acupuncture is non-invasive and aseptic, which rules out any risks of infection.
- Laser is very suitable in treating sensitive acupoints.
- No recovery time is necessary.
Research have shown that brain stimulation and psychological responses to laser acupuncture was identical to that of the traditional needle acupuncture, and can reduce inflammation, relief pain, improve tissue regeneration and immunity, and enhance metabolism.
Most people feel nothing but a slightly tingling or ticklish sensation at the application of the laser.
Laser acupuncture an effective holistic therapy with faster treatment periods and no need for needles.